We work with nonprofits, their boards and staff on a broad range of legal and nonprofit related services. We advise our clients on the formation of a nonprofit and filing for 501(c)(3) or other tax exempt status, assist with licensing, contracts, leases, real estate, employment, copyright and trademark issues and more!
Our working relationship can be short-term or ongoing depending on your needs and what you are trying to accomplish. As your needs change, we are ready to adapt with you.
We start with a 45 minute meeting at no charge to begin to determine your needs. We will create a plan, timeline and pricing to accomplish the work that is requested. A comprehensive legal and operational needs assessment is often the next step.
McCluskey Law Office, PC’s clients are nonprofits who are in the start-up phase, along with existing nonprofits that have specific needs relating to organizational obstacles, governance, marketing, leadership, publications, operations, fundraising and legal matters.
Our nonprofit clients are unique organizations dedicated to carrying out their respective missions. Their staffs, boards of directors and constituents work hard to provide vital programs and services.
In support of your organization and as everyday needs arise, legal services are essential for you to successfully operate your nonprofit. While you run your organization, we will help you with all your legal needs, including:
- Drafting of articles of incorporation and amendments, bylaws and organizational procedures
- Filing of 501(c)(3) documents and follow-up
- Charitable solicitation and lobbying advice
- General legal, process and procedural check up and recommendations
- Merger, affiliation or dissolution
With regard to the preparation, negotiation and review of business contracts, we deal with the following:
- Employment and independent contractor agreements
- Real estate buy or sell agreements
- Service contracts
- Releases and waivers
- Technology contracts
- Intellectual property agreements
- Software Licensing
- Business operating and buy-sell agreements
- Non-compete agreements
- Confidentiality/non-disclosure agreements, and more.
As your nonprofit begins to create policies, we can work with you to draft the following policies:
- Conflict of interest
- Record retention and destruction
- Executive compensation policy
- Investment policy
- Donation acceptance policy
- Code of ethics
- Data protection
- Employment manuals
For your consultation and planning needs, we will help with:
- Effective board development
- Best practices in nonprofit governances
- Project management
- Meeting facilitation and planning to create effective meetings
- Nonprofit governance and operations