Wills and trusts, along with probate, are an important part of our law practice. If you have been considering the need for these estate planning tools, one of our attorneys will have a conversation about what they are and how they fit your needs.
While not directly related to business or nonprofit law, Mccluskey Law Office, PC can assist you with probate and estate planning issues in Minnesota and Wisconsin, including:
- Health Care Directives (Living Wills)
- Powers of Attorney
- Working with the heirs on cooperative matters or those of contention
- Filing of a petition with the proper probate court
- Legal notices to heirs and creditors
- Minnesota Department of Human Services notice, claims, and related issues
- Notice to heirs under the Will or to statutory heirs (if no Will exists)
- Petition to appoint Personal Representative
- Inventory and appraisal of estate assets by Personal Representative
- Payment of estate debt to rightful creditors
- Sale of estate assets
- Final distribution of assets to heirs
- Closing the probate estate
This area of the law can be overwhelming because of the nature of the practice and the time during which we often need to address these legal issues. Our experienced lawyers are here to guide you and your loved ones through the process as efficiently and delicately as possible, while making sure your best interests are represented at all times. Call us for a free consultation so that we can get started.